Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrweber
Creator
Creator

Refactor object-id

Hi,

I wish to change object-IDs throughout the entire document.

Is there a working procedure?

Best Regards

5 Replies
Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Christoph,

what object ID´s do you mean?

If you mean ID`s from your visualisation Objects I don´t think a change is possible:

But if you mean ID´s you read from a source that is possible but you need a condition for that.

For example if you wan to change all your ids from 2 to 4 you write in your load script an if clause:

Load

if(id = 2, 4) as id

From ...

also it is possible to use the replace function

Replace - script and chart function ‒ Qlik Sense

Or
MVP
MVP

You should be able to adapt the code in the below post to change object IDs programmatically.

Re: Load help text of objects

The specific properties for changing the object ID can be found in the documentation (API) or in this thread:

https://community.qlik.com/thread/68070

chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Ralf,

thank you for your response.

I am modifying my question:

I am asking for some insight regarding the GUI.

Specifically, I have several Objects grouped in  a box (Sammelbox) and want to change originalID using properties->object ID to newID.

This will cause the the list of the Sammelbox to report that the Documents/originalID is not available.

However, there is no object with newID to be found.

Currently I have to

1. remove the object from the Box, (it will appear on top of the sheet)

2. rename the objectID

3. put it back into the box (this will duplicate the object)

4. remove the object (the original duplicate from after 1) from the sheet

Also, removing the object from the box may cause it to be lost irretrievably

The question should therefore be: Help???

Whom should I address with this problem

marcus_sommer

AFAIK there is not really a simpler way within the GUI - maybe you could keep the origin objects within a (hidden) sheet and not removing them after pulling the into the container - but I doubt it will be make a great difference.

Like orsh_ mentioned you could create some macros which could do the job for you maybe with 3 inputboxes for the old and new object id and the container-id. The links from above would be a good starting point for it.

Beside this it might be more helpful to adjust your approaches by building and maintaining your dashboards - personally I do change an object-id very rarely and even copying containers between multiple applications is rather seldom (and if I do so I also take the few minutes to replace the wrong objects with the correct ones).

- Marcus

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think there is any way to do this without removing the object from the container and re-adding.  You can avoid dealing with the duplicates by dragging the object in/out of the container.  That won't create duplicates.

-Rob