Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retko1985
Creator II
Creator II

Reference line to be always displayed - Static Min Doesnt Work.

Hello,

please refer to example app in attachment.

I Set a reference line, which I want to have always displayed. If the Amount is Above the reference line, it should scale to that amount, like this:

This is OK.

But when I make a selection where every amount is substantially below the amount of reference line, the line disappears (it is not scaled to the amount of reference line).:

What I tried to do, is to set static min for the amount of reference line, which is 40 here, si the static min is =40.

So the point is, that I need reference line to be always displayed.

Thank you for help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

See attachment.

=rangemax(45,max(aggr(sum(Amount),ID)))  in Static Max field.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Did you mean to set Static Max?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

See attachment.

=rangemax(45,max(aggr(sum(Amount),ID)))  in Static Max field.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be increase your scale is one way try below.

Capture.PNG

retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

When I select All values, bar for ID 6 is not going all the way to 300:

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use the suggestion above from atkinsow

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Wallo, but, I just find this solution too complex for my basic need. Because I already have my sum too complex with checking several conditions and also with aggr and all that stuff. Now My chart has several changing dimension based on conditions and I will need to do aggr for each different dimension. Well the point is, not quite usable for complexity.

Maybe someone know some better way?

I just need graph to always display reference line, even if my data are substantially below it.

Thank you for help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if it seems too complex.

My recommendation does address your issue and increases if max bar is much higher. 

I'm not sure there is another comparable way. 

Because you don't just need to see the reference line you also need the axis to increase if it's much higher than the reference line.  You actually have 2 requirements.

If it was really just that you needed to see the reference line, you could set axis to 45 max and you'd be done.

It might help if you provided your actual expression.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did my below solution did not work? May be i am missing something.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vish

Yours would technically work.  But it would end up causing the axis to be much higher than the tallest bar.  For instance if you have 3 dimensions and Dim1 =10, Dim2=20, Dim3=30; your formula would make the axis max 60 even though the highest bar is only 30.