Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Refreshing QVD without publisher license

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview, trying to understand with minimal infrastructure and licensing cost how can I leverage Qlikview in my organization for a small group of users.

My questions towards this are

1. can QVDs be refreshed daily in the Qlikview Server (QVS) without a publisher license i.e. can I schedule the QVD to be refreshed from the QVS daily night by following the command line automation procedure mentioned in some posts , without a publisher license

2. once a Qliview dash board is developed and deployed in the Qlikview Server (QVS) , can the users access it through Access Point or IE based on user licensing and view the data from the QVD ?

Thanks in advance

Arun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

1. I think you'll need the publisher license for the feature to generate QVDs just from the script, but you don't really need this feature, because you can always put the script into a QVW and reload this application just to generate QVDs.

2. As far as I've understood your request -- yes.

Besides this, Internet Explorer IE is a client to access the applications on the server (where the AccessPoint is located). You can also use other browsers as Ajax client (or the IE as Ajax client or using a IE plugin).

The data from the QVD needs to loaded into a data model and you'll need to create UI chart objects for visualization of the data contained in your QVDs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
calvinwfng
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Arun,

1. Yes. QlikView Server is able to schedule reload QVW without publisher license.

2. if user license maintained on same server, it should be able to view QVW via IE or Access Point.

Regards,

Calvin

swuehl
MVP
MVP

1. I think you'll need the publisher license for the feature to generate QVDs just from the script, but you don't really need this feature, because you can always put the script into a QVW and reload this application just to generate QVDs.

2. As far as I've understood your request -- yes.

Besides this, Internet Explorer IE is a client to access the applications on the server (where the AccessPoint is located). You can also use other browsers as Ajax client (or the IE as Ajax client or using a IE plugin).

The data from the QVD needs to loaded into a data model and you'll need to create UI chart objects for visualization of the data contained in your QVDs.

Not applicable
Author

thank for the quick reponse.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you..crystal clear..thanks again..