Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reg:Query on QlikView with Microsoft AX

Hi All,

I would like to develop the QlikView report which is available Microsoft Axapta (AX) since my client using the same. The fields are not coming from base table. There are some calculations behind that. The data is from temp tables and the fields were passed to methods. From there those fields passed to other methods. Once process got over tables were truncated. Here I have attached some script part of Microsoft AX.

Script in AX:

display AmountMST balance()

{;

return custTable.balanceMST();

Above script is used in back end. Here AmountMST balance() is themethod. It is holding the value from base table which is temporary table. Once report got published entire temporary tables where truncated. Here' AmountMST balance()' method is calling another method like below

display AmountMST balanceMST(FromDate _fromDate = dateNull(),

ToDate _toDate = dateMax()

)

{

return this.CustVendTable::balanceMST(_fromDate, _toDate);

}

Here the parameters FromDate, ToDate are used to collect the date range from temporary table and it is transferred to above temp table CustVendTable::balanceMST. All the process happening here is on the fly. This is not for single report. There are n numbers of reports having same kind of calculations. So let me know this kind of process is can be done in QV or not.

Note:

1. Is there is any type of connectors available to connect QlikView with AX

2. Is it possible to pull AX 'DLL' files into QlikView

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi ijPrakash,

I ran into a similar situation. What was the solution did you find. If you got some free time could you please brief me on this.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks.