Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

..:: Registration-free for QlikView OCX possible? ::.. C++ Runtime error

Good Day everyone

We have a legacy 3rd party software which makes use of QlikOcx.ocx

Problem is that some users do not have admin right to regsiter the QlikOcx.ocx to the registry, I found that there is a possibility to use a manifest file (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/eew13bza.aspx) for the QlikOcx.ocx and the target exe program so that no registration will be needed.

I have used MT.exe to generate the manifest file for QlikOcx.ocx, but when my program starts, it said problem loading runtime C++ library. Has anyone tried deploying an application using registration-free QlikOcx.ocx? Do I need to create a manifest file for the qvp.dll too?

I read fromt he QlikView manual that we can change the code, but since we do not own the source code, is there anything we can do?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Did you try to use any tool to register? recommed you to use http://download.cnet.com/Emsa-Register-Dll-Tool/3000-18487_4-54624.html. It's free.

Not applicable
Author

Contents from Qlikview OCX ref manual.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Registration free deployment of the QlikView OCX is accomplished by the host program

calling the DLL entry point StartRegFreeOperation. Calling this entry point

will allow the OCX to work with no additional registration. In C# it looks like this:

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Windows.Forms;

using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

public class QlikOcxFunctions

{

[DllImport("QlikOcx.ocx", EntryPoint =

"StartRegFreeOperation")]

public static extern void StartRegFreeOperation();

}

namespace DropKickDemo3

{

static class Program

{

/// <summary>

/// The main entry point for the application.

/// </summary>

[STAThread]

static void Main()

{

if (MessageBox.Show ("Do you want to run

registration free?", "DropKickDemo3",

MessageBoxButtons.YesNo) == DialogResult.Yes) {

QlikOcxFunctions.StartRegFreeOperation();

}

Application.EnableVisualStyles();

Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);

Application.Run(new Form1());

}

}

}

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply, but to register it we need admin rights which is not possible for end users.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I have seen this as well, but as I said, we do not have the source code, so we cannot edit the program and add this DLLImport entry to it.

normally if you provide a manifest file to it then it can by pass the registration process, but I cannot make it work, not sure if there are other solutions

It will be nice if Qlikview can provide such a manifest file.