cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Error

Hi Everyone

I am trying to reload my document and get the following error:

"One or more loops have been detected in your database structure. Loops may cause ambiguous results and should therefore be avoided. QlikView will cut the loop(s) by setting one or more tables as loosely coupled. Settings for loosely coupled tables can be modified after script execution in the tables page of the document properties dialog."

I do not see anything wrong with the tables I'm reloading. What could be the cause of the error?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey..when ever reload hangs it is due to the huge number of common columns making a big synthetic table /loop.

Press CTRL+T and check how many synthetic tables are loops are there.

to debug,

you may use Qualify and Unqualify statements before and after of  on of the main table.

Regards,

Chinna

View solution in original post

9 Replies
suresh_rawat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Check your Table Viewer, it will show you the loop in dotted lines.

For resolving this, check your maping once again.

Regards

Suresh Rawat

its_anandrjs

Hi,

In your data model you have circular loops you have to remove it by rename the fields or it may cause slow in the dashboard loading. You can more see about the circular loops

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/06/25/circular-references

You can check your data model by pressing Ctrl + T to view data model.

Regards

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please check the table view , you may see a synthetic table generated out of more than 2 tables due to common columns.

Identify the common columns and resolve by renaming accordingly.

If you have huge number of tables you may have to load the script phases wise using (exist script;) command and verify one by one.

Hope this helps.

If not put the screenshot of your data model,

BR,

Chinna

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your responses guys.

I have identified the common field causing the issue and renamed one of them but now when I try to reload again, the reload process just freezes the entire application and nothing happens

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Try to debug your application by pressing Ctrl + E and click on debug option or you can use limited load also by applying limited row number for test your application and finding error. Or may be it is large data base.

Regards

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey..when ever reload hangs it is due to the huge number of common columns making a big synthetic table /loop.

Press CTRL+T and check how many synthetic tables are loops are there.

to debug,

you may use Qualify and Unqualify statements before and after of  on of the main table.

Regards,

Chinna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tumelo,

First, which QlikView version are you using, so you are not using any old bug related version?

The latest version is 11.20 12577 SR8.

If you turn the document script logfile on, what sort of error do you see in this script log?

Settings/Document Properties/General [Generate Logfile]

This log file will be generate in the same folder as you have the QlikView document.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot guys! I managed to resolve the issue

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

Related to your response on the buggy version being used, is there a way to get the Service Release (SR) version using script?

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.QTProduct -- gives QlikView 11.20 (64 bit)

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.GetMajorVersionDate  -- gives the date of the major version

But cannot find anything in the API to get the SR version of QlikView in the desktop client.  Any thoughts or suggestions you may have is appreciated.   Thanks.