Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Qlikview document using EXECUTE command

Hi

I am trying to reload a Qlikview document through another Qlikview Document using the below commands:

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C "D:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe" /r "$(v_File_Path)";

When I reload through the Qlikview document it works fine, but when I try to reload through QMC the task just stays there like waiting for something to happen.

I looks like its waiting for some user input or for someone to close the progress bar. Has anyone got an idea to what is happening?

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Alright Qliktech support pointed me in the right direction. Instead of using QV.exe to reload I should use QVDistributionservice.exe.

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C ""D:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe" -r="$(v_TESTE)"";

(Don't forget the Initial and final double quotation)

For future reference:

Note:

Set the EnableBatchMode to "True" in the QVdistributionservice.exe.config file and restart the QDS service.

Server Reference Manual:

More functions parameters can be found in the QV Server Reference Manual.

Helpful post:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/49090

Thank you Troy Raney from Qlikview

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Why don't you set a reload task on the QMC with a dependency instead of triggering QV reloads via the script?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can't you copy paste the script in a batch file and try running the batch file in QMC first??.

If succeed, then make  an external event in the QMC trigger and call this batch file to run the job.

Hope it helps

Kiru

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, pherhaps you can create a windows task that run the D:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe , using this you do not have to create an execute command in a new qlikview document.

good luck

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply, but I can't set a dependency because I don't know which app I need to reload, because they don't exist yet... I know it sounds a bit complicated. Let me try and explain:

1 - I get huge files from a data source, there is no pattern for the file name. The Files contain the same column structure.

2 - I would like to create one app per file so I don't load all the apps at one given time.

So I created and app that looks for new files and creates an app for each one of them, because I don't know their names I can't set them up in QMC.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kiru

I can't copy the script to the batch file because there is more to the script than just the reload statement.

The script looks for new files from a Data Source then creates new apps for those files and then try to reload the newly created apps.

Any ideas?

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'll be honest and admit that I don't like that setup but I'm sure you have your valid reason for doing this.

Another question is why you would need to create one app per file?

Not applicable
Author

Because the files are huge and I only want the user to see one file at a time, otherwise it will take up all of the servers memory.

Not applicable
Author

Alright Qliktech support pointed me in the right direction. Instead of using QV.exe to reload I should use QVDistributionservice.exe.

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C ""D:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe" -r="$(v_TESTE)"";

(Don't forget the Initial and final double quotation)

For future reference:

Note:

Set the EnableBatchMode to "True" in the QVdistributionservice.exe.config file and restart the QDS service.

Server Reference Manual:

More functions parameters can be found in the QV Server Reference Manual.

Helpful post:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/49090

Thank you Troy Raney from Qlikview

Cheers