Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Section Access on startup

Hi community!
Im having problem with section access and row exclusion.

Basically I want Qlik to reload my section access from *.qvd on every startup.

script in my hidden tab looks like this:

Section Access;

SUB ReloadAccess

LOAD

ACCESS_PRIVILEGE AS ACCESS,

NTNAME

FROM security.qvd (qvd) where 1=1;

ENDSUB

Section Application;

SUB ReloadAuthorization

LOAD

NTNAME,

CLIENT_ALLOWED AS CLIENT

FROM security.qvd (qvd) where 1=1;

ENDSUB

Also, I registered this two SUBs  in triggers tab, OnOpen action but its not working...

I have also selected Data Reduction Based on Section Access.

Now when I manually run the script It reloads data !but it won't make any Data Reduction! So as user with defined right to see only particular CLIENT data, I can see all clients until I reopen document. Than Its OK. why is it so?

What I need to do do make qlik reload Section Access and actually Section Application data on every startup?

Thank you for ideas!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The subroutines in the script are not VB Subroutines and cannot be called by a trigger. In fact, there is no way that you can trigger a script run when you open a document if the document is on the server.

Further, when you run the script locally it should not make any data reduction. There would be no purpose in doing so: If the user has the right to pull this data from the DB, then he has the right to see the data. Reducing the data at this stage would have no security implications whatsoever.

But why do you need to run the script at OnOpen? Isn't it enough to use the "normal" data reduction that takes place when you open a document?

HIC

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The subroutines in the script are not VB Subroutines and cannot be called by a trigger. In fact, there is no way that you can trigger a script run when you open a document if the document is on the server.

Further, when you run the script locally it should not make any data reduction. There would be no purpose in doing so: If the user has the right to pull this data from the DB, then he has the right to see the data. Reducing the data at this stage would have no security implications whatsoever.

But why do you need to run the script at OnOpen? Isn't it enough to use the "normal" data reduction that takes place when you open a document?

HIC

Not applicable
Author

allright I was just in panic, thanks for clarification