Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackm75
Creator
Creator

Reload from a VB Script Error

I'm trying to schedule a task to reload my qvw. When running the script, I get this Windows Script Host error:

Script: <Script location>
Line: 10 (varies)
Char: 1
Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
Code: 80010108
Source: (null)

Here is the script:

Option Explicit

Dim qv
Dim qvDoc

Set qv = CreateObject("QlikTech.QlikView")

Set qvDoc = qv.OpenDoc("Q:\AgencyList.qvw")

qvDoc.ReloadEx 2,1

qvDoc.save
qvDoc.CloseDoc

qv.Quit

Set qvDoc = Nothing
Set qv = Nothing

What am I doing wrong? Why do I always get this issue? Sometimes, it will do the reload, then get the error leaving QlikView open without saving the app. -- The Line # changes according to where it decides to error out.

Once it actually went all the way through the script with no issue.

Also, is there a way for the script to run without visably opening QlikView?

Help!!

Jack

9 Replies
jackm75
Creator
Creator
Author

I ended up making a VBA module in an Excel sheet, then using a VBS to call that macro which works.

I would still like to know if anyone knows how to supress QlikView from being visible.

The usual "Q.Visible = False" doesn't work....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jack,

You can run the reload with a qv.exe command line switch:

qv.exe /r document.qvw

jackm75
Creator
Creator
Author

Forgive my ignorance, by could you exlpain a little more about how to use the command line switch?

Not applicable

I have the same problem. My script works fine on WinXP 32bits but It doesn't work on Win2003 x64. I updated QV to SR3 from SR2, before that it works fine on x64. The command line solution isn't an option for me, because I need to copy some tables and graphs using automation.

You can find a simple test that I created at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1398645/QVAutomationTest.zip. This test works fine on my WinXP 32bits with QV SR3 and didn't work on my Windows Server 2003 64 bits with QV SR3. I also tried some automation with IE to check if I have a problem with OLE, but it works fine on both systems. So, I suspect that it's a QV problem.

Not applicable

Finally, I downgraded my QV from SR3 to SR2 and it works fine again.

Not applicable

I have similar problem - my vbscript works OK on my local machine running Windows 7 and QlikView 9 SR2, but it doesn't work on Windows 2003 SP2 with QlikView 9 SR3.

Is there any solution yet?

Not applicable

miha.batic wrote:
I have similar problem - my vbscript works OK on my local machine running Windows 7 and QlikView 9 SR2, but it doesn't work on Windows 2003 SP2 with QlikView 9 SR3.
Is there any solution yet?<div></div>

Me too! QV 9 SR 2 (7320) works fine (Windows Server 2003 R2 x64)

But SR 3 (7440) does not - gives me same error mentioned above: "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

Not applicable

I upgraded from SR2 to SR4 and it works again. x64 / Win2003.

Not applicable

[quote user="Damián D'Onia"]

I upgraded from SR2 to SR4 and it works again. x64 / Win2003.

Me too.