Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload problem: freezes

I am having difficulty reloading my Qlikview document. Whenever I try and reload the data I encounter one of the following two errors:

1. the Reloading screen freezes (and also causes the whole application to freeze) and I have to go to Task Manager to close the whole program down

2. It waits for ages before giving an error message saying: "Execution of script failed. Reload old data?"

I am trying to load data from an Oracle database using ODBC. I have tried closing and restarting QlikView but it does not make any difference. I was able to get data when I was only loading a trivially small amount of data. As soon as I try and load a reasonable amount of data Qlikview does not work.

Has anyone got any suggestions for me? Any help would be much appreciated.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello , how big is your tables and how many synthetic keys you have in your application, Make sure the synthetic keys should be min and try to avoid date and time in one field,it takes a lot of memory.

See also the log file where exactly it is failing

good luck

Talha

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for your reply. In answer to your question in total i am trying to load about 30 million rows. I am only loading specific fields and so have no synthetic keys at all. I don't have date and time either.

Do you know how to make Qlikview write a log file as mine is not doing it as I can't find a log file?

Neeral

Not applicable
Author

To see the log file go to Document properties and in General tab click Generate logfile.

The next time you run the application the log files get created.

Talha