Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where is the new feature request link?

Does anyone know where this is?

I want to submit a request to see if document events such as OnPostReload can be made available in batch mode. I am told that they are disabled so that rogue macros do not stop Publisher. Shouldnt that be up to the individual customer rather than lose the benefit of these event triggers? Indeed, I do not even use Publisher - the whole proceess is controlled by our iseries which pushes data and then invokes a document reload at a time when the corresponding data is available (such as after an invoicing run that could run anytime).

I have given up trying to automate a data export process which needs a seperate .vbs to open the document, export the data then close the document. To be fair it isnt Qlikview causing the problem (the vbs will run fine when run directly on the server but the same code doesnt work when invoked by the package that handles the data transfers).

Fiddled with it for ages and all because OnPostReload wont fire in batch!

<rant ends>

Regards,

Gordon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gordon,
Instead of OnPostReload, you can use OnOpen two times, with conditions. Batch file includes lines:
<qv.exe> /r /vC=0 <filename.qvw>
<qv.exe> /vC=1 <filename.qvw>
Second line doesn't reload. Both lines set variable C. The macro that runs on open checks the C value, and depending on it calls different parts. That is, the macro you want to run OnPostReload, will be called if C=1.

As for feature request - I cannot find it either. Sad Submit a feature request to add a feature request link. Wink Probably Jason Long is the one who can do it.

And I think there is an error in your post, in the <rant ends> part. It should be:
<rant>
... rant text...
</rant>
Big Smile

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gordon,
Instead of OnPostReload, you can use OnOpen two times, with conditions. Batch file includes lines:
<qv.exe> /r /vC=0 <filename.qvw>
<qv.exe> /vC=1 <filename.qvw>
Second line doesn't reload. Both lines set variable C. The macro that runs on open checks the C value, and depending on it calls different parts. That is, the macro you want to run OnPostReload, will be called if C=1.

As for feature request - I cannot find it either. Sad Submit a feature request to add a feature request link. Wink Probably Jason Long is the one who can do it.

And I think there is an error in your post, in the <rant ends> part. It should be:
<rant>
... rant text...
</rant>
Big Smile

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael,

I thought I had tried everything but not! The irony is that it uses the OnOpen event..... I had tried something similar passing a macro in the execution string but that wasnt valid.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gordon

Programmer.sanity.restore true

Not applicable
Author

The New Feature Request in QlikCommunity is currently unavailable, and probably will be until a decision is made within QlikTech as to what is the best way to do this. I think the issue is that there is a Feature Request in Q-Force (SalesForce.com) that is available to partners and is much more robust than the original feature request in QlikCommunity (e.g. includes voting and comments from other members). So, I think QT needs to figure out how to make this same functionality available to everyone.

Phil Bishop

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

QQ on this post. Is it possible to leverage your batch file statement to include a string in the variable (file path) that can be used in a binary load statement?

Something like:

qv.exe /r /vC='c:\mysource.qvw' mydashboard.qvw

where the only line in mydashboard.qvw is:

Binary $(vC) ;

Thinking of trying to leverage this post for another issue..... your thoughts?

-Ed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ed,
You can assign any value to any variable in the command line. The syntax is a little different than in your post. If the variable name is C (not the vC), it is
/vC=c:\mysource.qvw
/v -is a switch. No quotes either.