Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload qvw file via Command Line

Hi Everyone,

How would I reload a qvw file via a command line tool in Qlikview 9?

Where is this located? I could not find a qv.exe on my machine.

Thx

Ludwig

2 Replies
masselin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qv.exe is in your program files directory if installed in a standard way.

Reload from windows command line:

1. reach command line ("start" button / "Execute" option / "CMD" instruction / <Enter> key leads to dos prompt)
  2. Enter command <qv.exe location> /R <QV application file location>

"c:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe" /r \\Fraspar30qlikv\rapport\Production\Controle\OlyOps.qvw

There are many other options (transfer value to be used as variable inside qv application file, ...

Very useful hints in

http://qlikviewmaven.blogspot.com/

Not applicable
Author

Hi Masselin,

Thanks for your input.

Yep. I just got that going. Qv.exe is installed on the client, not on the server.That's why I did not find there.

Let me tell you what I am trying to accomplish. I am new to Qlikview. Maybe I misunderstand the feature and its application.

Before I refresh a qvw file I have a couple of processes to run which basically pull data from a source system (Database) and stage them to a reporting database and peform some stored procedures and then export all the data into qvd files. Then the qvd files will be loaded to the qvw file and presented in Qlikview.

My goal is to control the whole process described above from within MS-Integration Services in one single job with several steps. My idea was to call a Qlikview command line tool provided by Qlikview out of the job or SSIS package to start the automatic reload of the qvw file on the server. The command line tool, so I thought must be able to refresh a qvw file on the server.

I am not clear why I would do that for each user on the client? Isn't reloading a qvw file supposed to happen on the server and then every user can get the most up to date version just by opening or refreshing the file?

Make sense?

Thx

Ludwig