Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reload specific file base on Calendar selection.

Hello,

I had list of QVD files which named as: Q12012016.qvd, Q12022016,

I would like to have Calendar object to select specific date and I want reload the QXXXXXX.qvd file based on User selection.

My QVD documents include many qvd files so it took time if I have to reload entire document.

Thanks for reading.

Calendar Selection.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I came to conclusion that Qlikview could not load specific qvd file based on user selection at the front end. I have to work around: the only thing is load full data and using some section access.

This is similar post: loading different QVD files.

Wish that Qlikview could do better.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

You may save the user selection ( calendar input here) to a variable and transform it to desired date format ( which is DDMMYYYY here)

Now you have the variable lets say vFileDate='12012016'

Use it while you load from qvd

load * from 'Q'&$(vFileDate)&'.qvd(qvd)'

and call Reload event

Something like that, I hope that would help you.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

A dynamic filename would be

vFile = 'Q'&DATE(Today(),MMDDYYYY)&'.qvd';

vFilePAth  = 'C:\Users\[user]\Downloads\'

You may change today()-1 or Today()-2, depending on your requirement

TABLE1:

LOAD *

FROM

[$(vFilePAth)&$(vFile)]

(qvd);

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank Girirajsinh, I am investigating the way the call Reload Event as you mentioned...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hmm, it does not show how to link between User Selection & Reload the specifiec qvd file. I think, trigger is a suggestion but I still get stuck...

girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

could you use button to call Reload event once your variable is set for desired qvd to load ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Girirajshinh,

It reloads entire documents and took much time. I need to reload the piece of script that load the necessary qvd file only.

girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

You may choose option partial reload, if you need to append only that qvd..ofcourse you will have to change load script and put Prefix ADD Or REPLACE in load script

Or you may use "Control Statement" like if else or others

so decide that only part of your script gets executed depending on some variable which you will have to set based on Calendar selection / button press or something like that

I hope that provide you with some direction

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Girirajsinh, thanks for your quick response.

I could load specifiec qvd file after selecting the Calendar object but I must use File menu > Reload. I need to reload by button event or Calendar object when End User click/change on their browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I came to conclusion that Qlikview could not load specific qvd file based on user selection at the front end. I have to work around: the only thing is load full data and using some section access.

This is similar post: loading different QVD files.

Wish that Qlikview could do better.