Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading a QV file and all Qv does not respond.

Hi all!

I'm trying to Reload my script in the QV,

Now the moment it starts and shows me the MessageBox of what script is loading the hole QV does not respond.

I tried using the debug mode but still gets stuck on one specific SQL SELECT statement.

Is there a way to see the log or something?

2 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

unfortunately QlikView is notorious for seemingly hanging when in fact it is still working fine. The most common reason for this is either a massive table that is being loaded or synthetic keys being resolved.

Try using a limited load, if it runs fine it usually means large tables are being loaded and you'll have to be patient. If it still 'hangs', check for synthetic keys.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If your script reload hangs at a specific SQL statement there might be some issues with connecting to the database. What you can do in QlikView is to turn on the script log under Settings > Document properties > General > Generate Logfile. This will generate a log in the same folder as the QVW file is stored. If you just leave the reload it'll likely time out eventually.

I would check the DB connection to make sure it works fine with a simple document with just the connection string and a simple SQL select.