cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenniferE
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reloading the Section Access file automatically when opening the board

Hello, I'm developping a board on my computer and I use section access to give rights to the users. For these rights I use the NTNAME and all the data for the users are in a .xlsx file. 
My problem is: when I close QlikView, if I change something in my .xlsx file, when I re-open QlikView, the changes I made in my .xlsx file are not taken into account. I have to reload the script for the changes to be applied. And when I do that, All the data is shown, not only what the user is supposed to see. I have to close the board and re-open it to see the changes.

How can I make Qlikview reload the script on opening? 

And how can I make QlikView reload the board correctly after it reloaded the script? 

My section access looks like that:

SECTION ACCESS;
Directory;
LOAD ACCESS, 
     NTNAME, 
     PROFIL,
     OMIT
FROM
[SecConfigUtilisateurs_Horus.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Utilisateurs);

SECTION APPLICATION;
Directory;
LOAD PROFIL,
	USER_NATURE
From [SecConfigProfils_Horus.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Profil);
Labels (2)
4 Replies
marcus_sommer

The section access will be performed by opening the application. If an user has the direct possibility to reload the application he/she get access to all data. This means you should prevent the reload and providing the application only per access point.

Further the application needs always a reload to consider the most current data including also the section access area. You may implement tasks which check each n minutes if there are newer data available to trigger a reload or the user which change the Excel triggers the reload - thinkable are also OnPostSave/Close auto-trigger within the Excel - if the external triggering is interesting in any way do a research for EDX triggers here in the community.

- Marcus

JenniferE
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello, thank you very much for your help, I'll get into that right away. 

Someone told me I could also use a dynamic update action (from the menu Document Parameters) on the reloading and the opening of the board. What do you think of that idea? 

marcus_sommer

I never used this feature but I doubt that it would be helpful in regard of applying section access. AFAIK the only save way of using section access is to provide the application within the access point without a download for the users - means no physically access to the qvw. The server does the reloads - own or externally triggered - and the users get only their authorized dataset.

- Marcus 

JenniferE
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Awesome, thank you very much for all those precisions. 

It's very useful.

Jennifer