Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove Records from QVD

This is so simple yet I can't get it to remove records when loading a QVD. In the QVD there is a field "CustomerName", when I load the QVD I want to remove any records where the CustomerName contains the word "sample" no matter where it is located in the string. I have tried WHERE CustomerName <> '*sample*', WHERE CustomerName Not Like '*sample*' and others with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Stephen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try:

WHERE substringcount( CustomerName, 'sample')=0

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try:

WHERE substringcount( CustomerName, 'sample')=0

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Stephen,

The substringcount function will do the trick, as will index.  Be aware though that this will cause the QVD to load in a non optimized mode.  For a one of cleaning of your QVD this is fine, but if it is something you need in production then you should create a separate field in the QVD on creation called IsSample or something and then do a WHERE EXISTS on that.

Search the community for Optimized QVD Load and you should find plenty of articles.

- Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Erich and Steve. The substringcount worked. Depending on what we are using the table for, sometimes we need the 'Sample' accounts sometimes we don't.

Stephen