Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removing duplicates in Straight Table

Hi,

I have data in straight table and don't want duplicate are repeated in each and every row, at the same time don't want to use pivot table. Pls find the attached sample data and I am using personal edition.

Sample data contains source data and expected output data as well, kindly let me know the best solution.

Thanks,

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, but still u can do some sort of formatting tricks to make it fit to your requirement.But It will not be the perfect one as Pivot table.

Regards

Lathaa

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Madu,

Just go for Pivot table. You can clearly convey Pivot table is meant for what straight table can't do.

Not applicable
Author

Hello, I have the same requirement, remove duplicated dimension labels as well as remove duplicated expressions values.
I cannot use Pivot chart because I have a sort requirement that cannot be done in pivot. I cannot use the Above function either because it makes all my expressions returning - instead of a value.

I tried different things like reloading the data as resident but the straight table always duplicate the labels and values.

i.e.
Product     Inventory     Customer     Sales

A               10               B               20

A               10               C               30

B               20               B               40

B               20               D               50

Should be

Product     Inventory     Customer     Sales

A               10              B                   20

C                   30

B               20              B                    40

D                    50