Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reset InputField Values

Hey All,

I am creating a document where I have a column that is an InputField.  After I update many of these values I want to reset my chart so that it removes all of the values I entered.  How can I reset or clear all values of an InputField?  In my case they can all be reset to zero.

A quick search revealed many have done this using a macro.  I cannot use a macro because this document will be accessed using the access point on many different browsers and systems.

Thanks,

Ken

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you allow macros on server the most functions can run in macro.

Is dynamic update a alternativ for your solution?

A big number of input fields or dynamic update in Server environment are critical because there are stored in shared file and if you have a big number of user you have the hdd as a bottleneck.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Ken,

A macro is the only way as far as I know

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ken,

Alan is correct. It has been awhile since I've done it but it is something like

sub reset

set fld = ActiveDocument.Fields("inputtable"

fld.ResetInputFieldValues 0, x 

end sub

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

This works fine on the Desktop, but not on the access point.  So basically there is no way for users to reset input fields on the access point?

It seems like this is going to make using an InputField terribly difficult.  Maybe I can reset them on reload and push users to save their inputs in a bookmark - sounds like a horrible workaround.

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you allow macros on server the most functions can run in macro.

Is dynamic update a alternativ for your solution?

A big number of input fields or dynamic update in Server environment are critical because there are stored in shared file and if you have a big number of user you have the hdd as a bottleneck.

Not applicable
Author

I was able to get the macro to work on the server, thanks!

How would a dynamic update work?  I tried playing around with it for a little bit, but did not spend enough time to get it working.