Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfalmoguera
Creator
Creator

Reset variables without using a Macro

Hi guys!

I am trying to find a way to reset all variables to their initial values when pressing a button and without using macros.

I am working in a project that need to be seen through ajax as it does not get along very well with macros.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Love this community.

3 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As a general 'this might work' principal try something along the lines of the following:

For each variable create a 'variablename-backup' variable. Set an action for each variable that 'OnOpen' sets the backup variable the be the value currently in the original variable.

The application is used and the original variable is changed. To reset it create a button that runs an action to set the original variable (with the amended value) to the value in the 'variablename-backup' variable that was 'backed-up' on opening - that should restore your values.

You can then add actions for all your variables.

Bit of a work-around and fiddly but it should work.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

lfalmoguera
Creator
Creator
Author

Yeah, I thought of that, but the problem is that I have tons of variables and wanted to reset them just by a simple action.

Thanks a lot anyway.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi,

you could use a button also:

..it's a bit of work to config tons of varaibles. Surprise

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D