Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Resident Load Error

Hello,

There are two tabs in my attached example, "CASE TABLE" and "CASE PROCESS".

There is a very simple load in CASE TABLE tab.

In the CASE PROCESS tab, I tried to:

1. Pull CASE_ID from CASE TABLE by using RESIDENT LOAD called CASE PROCESS

2. Left Join a bunch of data fields with CASE PROCESS table

3. Use GENERIC LOAD by using RESIDENT LOAD from CASE PROCESS table.

However, I always got errors that "TABLE CANNOT FOUND". Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

Becky

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can start with replacing the LOAD option delimiter is '\t' into delimiter is ' '. Your INLINE tables don't contain tabs.

Another one: if your second INLINE table contains field names in mixed case, then why do you try to load them in UPPER CASE? QlikView is extremely case sensitive, except for "keywords" and Function names.

Peter

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can start with replacing the LOAD option delimiter is '\t' into delimiter is ' '. Your INLINE tables don't contain tabs.

Another one: if your second INLINE table contains field names in mixed case, then why do you try to load them in UPPER CASE? QlikView is extremely case sensitive, except for "keywords" and Function names.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BTW I don't get the TABLE NOT FOUND error. If you do, add a NOCONCATENATE prefix to the LOAD for CASE_PROCESS. That table looks exactly the same as CASE_TABLE, so QlikView may decide to perform an autoconcatenate all by itself. Which means that there won't be a CASE_PROCESS table.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter!

These are the three errors I got when executing the script. I changed the script as you mentions above (change to upper case) in Inline, and CASE_PROCESS before LOAD. Those errors are gone. But I got a syn key which is CASE_ID + Receive Date. The way to eliminate the Syn key is to change the name of "Receive Date" to another name in the CASE_PROCESS table?

damirm86
Partner - Contributor III

You need to drop the first table.

Not applicable
Author

Actually even without adding a NOCONCATENATE prefix to the LOAD, it still works. I got where was the problem. It was script issues, just like you said, the upper case or lower case.

Thanks Peter!

Becky

Not applicable
Author

Drop CASE_TABLE?  After which script statement?

damirm86

After the first resident load table you can drop CASE_TABLE .

damirm86

Something like this maybe??

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Damir. I have extra question is what's benifit to drop the CASE_TABLE? Occupy less ram or?