Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restrict dimension value display

Hi everybody,

today i have a new problem with qlikview,

Problem :  i want to show the dimensions of my straight table only if that respect a condition

Exemple : my complete table

table.PNG

And what i want :

table2.PNG

My solution was to write in the dimension 'Nom': if (BD= 'ML', 'KL', 'BL', [Nom]) , but this doesnt work , i also tried to replace "," by "+" and "or"

if (BD= 'ML'or 'KL',or 'BL', [Nom]) i get nothing with that.

If somebedy got a solution i'll appreciate that, Thanks you

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try this if(BD='ML' or BD='KL' or BD='BL', [Nom], Null())

and remember to select 'Suppress When Value Is Null' for that dimension

Not applicable
Author

So if i understand well in my script, i have to replace 'Nom' by 'if (wildmatch(BD, 'ML', 'KL', 'BL'), [Nom]) as New_Nom' or i have to load 'Nom' and write that?

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Can you paste your scipt here.

I can modify for you.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

thx that work but i want to do directy in the script

Not applicable
Author

Hi Max, i'll like to but  i can't,  my company is in energy sector and i must keep all informations confidential.

But i did what you say and i'll work, but in fact the problem in my case is that in reallity the 'Nom' and 'BD' filed is not in the same files (excels table) but the two file that  connected with 'Nom' field :

So to summarize, i have one table with 'Nom' and other fields and a another table with 'Nom' too and 'BD'

so when i did what you explain to me diectly in my load script i get a error because 'Nom' and 'BD' are not in the same file( Table)

Any suggestion ? Thanks