Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Retrieving Client Build Number

Hi, is there any vbscript to retrieve the current Qlikviews "Client Build Number" which is located under "Help" - "Document support information" on the menu. Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You don't need to use macros (with VBScript) to retrieve the build number. You can use this function on a text box for example.

The content of the text box will be:

= QlikViewVersion()

(don't forget the equal sign)

View solution in original post

12 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You can use QlikViewVersion() but I guess it only exists on QV 10.

Hope it helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, i am pretty new to Qlikview - could you please give me the vbscript for how to use the QlikviewVersion() function? thank you

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You don't need to use macros (with VBScript) to retrieve the build number. You can use this function on a text box for example.

The content of the text box will be:

= QlikViewVersion()

(don't forget the equal sign)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks - i tried that but the textbox only displays "-", where can i find a list of all the built in functions like this function for Qlikview? thanks for the help

Not applicable
Author

Sorry it worked, was case sensitive......

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich, Is there anyway to use the QlikViewVersion() function in VBSCRIPT? The reason is that i dont want to display the version on the model - the reason for this is that I want to check if the user has the correct version before opening the model.

Thanks

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Michael

In VBScript you can use this to get the version: (they return strings)

QV Version:

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.QvVersion

OS Version:

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.OSVersion

Hope it helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Great thank you Erich

prieper
Master II
Master II

If application is opened in server, this function returns the version installed on the server, not on the client.

Peter