Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Return a value for a Date Range

I have an instance where I have promotions that I want to identify in a seperate column anything that has a Promotion Start Date of TODAY out to 21 days, here is the script I have right now, I tried multiple OR statements for each today()+1 or today()+2, all the way out to +21 and it doesn't seem to work I also need to include another condition with an AND statement for the Column of PAYMENT TYPE must be equal to 'Off Invoice". Can anyone advise, the following is the script piece where I am using the promotion date:

LOAD

Promotion_Start_Date,
Date# (Promotion_Start_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY') as DAY_COD,
if([Promotion_Start_Date] <= today()+21 and [Payment_Type] = 'Off Invoice','PENDING') as OI_Active_Within_3_Weeks

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What is the the full load command ?

Not applicable
Author

LOAD

Payment_Type

Promotion_Start_Date,
if([Promotion_Start_Date] <= today()+21 and [Payment_Type] = 'Off Invoice','PENDING') as OI_Active_Within_3_Weeks

FROM

\\file on server

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the Promotion_Start_Date on if must on Date Format.

if(Date# (Promotion_Start_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY') <=.....)

maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe you have to Date# also in the if

LOAD

Promotion_Start_Date,
if(  (Date# (Promotion_Start_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY') <= (today()+21)) and [Payment_Type] = 'Off Invoice','PENDING') as OI_Active_Within_3_Weeks

MarcoWedel

LOAD *,

If(DAY_COD <= Today()+21 and [Payment_Type] = 'Off Invoice','PENDING') as OI_Active_Within_3_Weeks;

LOAD Promotion_Start_Date,

Date# (Promotion_Start_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY') as DAY_COD

FROM yoursource;

Not applicable
Author

OK adding the Date # got me to the point that I can produce an = in the today().

But how do I script it to tag everything from today out to 21 days. Is there a way to say between today() and today()+21 ?  Thank you for your help a head of time.

if( (Date# (Promotion_Start_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY') = (today()+21)) and [Payment_Type] = 'Off Invoice','PENDING') as OI_Active_Within_3_Weeks,

MarcoWedel

LOAD *,

If(DAY_COD >= Today() and DAY_COD <= Today()+21 and [Payment_Type] = 'Off Invoice','PENDING') as OI_Active_Within_3_Weeks;

LOAD Promotion_Start_Date,

Date# (Promotion_Start_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY') as DAY_COD

FROM yoursource;

Not applicable
Author

OK with everyone's help I figured it out, it was a combination of the two.

if(  (Date# (**Date Field**, 'MM/DD/YYYY') >= (today())) and  (Date# (**Date Field**, 'MM/DD/YYYY') <= (today()+21))  and [**Second Condition**] = '**VALUE**','**RETURN VALUE**') as **New Field Name**

Thanks for your help!