Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator

Reusing variables created in Load Script

Hi,

I am creating variables in my script.  I wanted to know can you utilise those created variables in the same script.

e.g I want to be able to divide two variables I've created

Let Var1 = 'sum(Int1+int2)';

Let Var2 = 'sum(Int3+Int4)';

Can I now divide Var1/var2? in my script and if I can, can you help me with the syntax.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can utilize the variables in the script, but not those ones. Sum() is not legal in the load script except in a load. If you need to divide the two values, you will need to create them in a load statement, then peek the values to variables, and then divide the variables.

T1:

LOAD Sum(Int1 + Int2) as Sum1,

Group By ....

T2:

Load Sum(Int3 + Int4) as Sum2,

Group By ....

Let Var1 = Peek('Sum1', 1, 'T1');

Let Var2 = Peek('Sum2', 1, 'T2');

Let Var3 = Var1 / Var2;

//Optional

DROP Tables T1, T2;

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

To add, I now want to create a third variable like:

Let Var3: Var1/Var2;

Or I want to be able to do it in an expression but currently I am not getting the right result

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can utilize the variables in the script, but not those ones. Sum() is not legal in the load script except in a load. If you need to divide the two values, you will need to create them in a load statement, then peek the values to variables, and then divide the variables.

T1:

LOAD Sum(Int1 + Int2) as Sum1,

Group By ....

T2:

Load Sum(Int3 + Int4) as Sum2,

Group By ....

Let Var1 = Peek('Sum1', 1, 'T1');

Let Var2 = Peek('Sum2', 1, 'T2');

Let Var3 = Var1 / Var2;

//Optional

DROP Tables T1, T2;

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks, that answers my root cause.  I am currently changing my dashboard to one that has a 3 tier architecture and have to bring all my variables I created using the variable overview to the script.

What I have done is just put the Var I created in the script in ' ' because I have various set analysis/sums etc and this seems to work, but gives me incorrect values when I divide variables created this way.

In future, I will use Load Statements for any calculations.