Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaan10m
Contributor
Contributor

Rolling 3-Month Calculation (Set Analysis)

Hello,

I am currently trying to use set analysis to calculate the rolling cumulative 3-month return, standard deviation of returns and average market value for various accounts (A through F). In the attached file, I am using rangesum, rangestdev and rangeavg for those calculations, respectively, but am looking to use set analysis instead so that when I filter my scatter plot chart by date, the rolling calculations don't change.

For example, if you clear all filters, as of 5/31/2017, the rolling 3-month return for account B in the table is 18.69% (which is the correct value). However, if you select 5/31/2017 in the calendar drop down, the 3-month rolling return in the table changes to 2.56% (which is wrong). Same problem with standard deviation and market value calculations. This is likely because I am using the range functions instead of set analysis to specify a rolling date range.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this?

RangeSum(Above(Only({<Date=>}Return),0,3))

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
shaan10m
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Sunny! Very helpful