Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rolling sum Syntax help

Hello All,

I'm looking for some sytanx help.  I have a value in January that is loaded with the base number for the year. In the following months the change in that number is expressed. So in January I have 500 and in February I could have 2, with a total of 502. Than in march my value could be -3 leaving a total of 499. I want a dynamic way to show that 502 throughout the year. I know I need to create a variable for start as like 1.1. and using the year date. but I'm having trouble with the end date and how to construct the set analysis.

Thanks,

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank you! A version of that worked for the most part just need to get the right variables for dates in there now so they update automatically. I used the following:

=Sum({<Date = {">=$(='1/01/2015')<=$(='12/31/2016')"}, >} Measure)

So now I need to set my variables for those two dates with the year changing because i realized the data comes in month by month so it doesn't matter if im summing the total year. so I want VStartDate to be 01/01/Current year and Venddate to be 12/31/Current year. Can you assist with creating these variables and the syntax for putting it in the sum and set analysis. I seem to get syntax issues when I add variables instead of actual dates.

sunny_talwar

Try this:

Sum({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Today()), 'MM/DD/YYYY') & '<' & Date(YearStart(Today(), 1), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>} Measure)