Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Round up date calculation to whole number (for text objects)

I created a variable with the below formula: =vTotalWeeks

=(Date#([Project End Date], 'MMM DD, YYYY') - Date#([Project Start Date], 'MMM DD, YYYY')) / 7

It calculates correctly, but I need this to always round up to the next highest integer. So, 8.642343 should become 9.

Note: I am using text objects so I can't leverage the Number tab of a chart object.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, I tried your suggestion and you're right, it did return 35. Since the actual days are really 36, I then tried your next suggestion of adding 1 and this did end up returning my expected results for this one specific project. Thank you. I will monitor this for other projects with various project dates.

One last question if I could. Below formula is yielding .80294#######. I need it to return 80.29%. This is my 1st attempt at appending "1.00" at the beginning, so I know i am doing something just slightly wrong to not get the correct % format.

=1.00 - (num($(=$(vActualRev)) / sum([Original Rev Est]),'##.00%'))

sunny_talwar

To keep the formatting, you need to the Num() function around the complete calculations. Try something like this may be:

=Num(1.00 - ($(=$(vActualRev)) / Sum([Original Rev Est])),'##.00%')

Please check the parenthesis because I might have messed that up.