Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rounding to 1 decimal of the number lost when Saved to Excel in the Straight table

Hi All,

I have a Straight table where i need to show the number till one decimal place. Eg: 78.9,

I am able to show the same in the report using the Number tab of the Properties of the Straight table.

But when i save the report to Excel format using SAVE TO EXCEL, the number doesn't shown 1 decimal place as expected but shows the original value as 78.911111

I even tried using the Num(Expression,0.1) in the script to round the number to 1 decimal point it shows fine in the report but again the same issue when i am trying to Export to Excel the number shows all the decimal points.

Please let me know a way to show the Number to just 1 decimal point when i Save it to EXCEL.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

to round off:

Floor(yournumber, 0.1)

to round up:

Ceil(yournumber, 0.1)

to round to nearest multiple of 0.1:

Round(yournumber, 0.1)

For percentages use 0.001 instead of 0.1

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Use

Round(yourexpression, 0.01) as new expression in your table

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever Anjos

Thanks for your reply

I tried the above Round function as per your comment but the decimal value is rounded of and i am unable to have the desired value.

The values before using the Round function:

BeforeExpression.PNG

The values After using the Round function:

AfterRound.PNG

MarcoWedel

to round off:

Floor(yournumber, 0.1)

to round up:

Ceil(yournumber, 0.1)

to round to nearest multiple of 0.1:

Round(yournumber, 0.1)

For percentages use 0.001 instead of 0.1

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Try with

Round(yourexpression, 0.0001)

IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

This works, but only if I change the name of the expression. if I keep the same alias the formatting does not happen,  strangely.

thanks for the solution!

Iulia