Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Run Macro from Qlikview Management Console

I'm having some problems getting a macro to run from the Management Console.  I have a qvd (macro.qvd) that has a macro set to run when the file is opened.  Then I have a batch file (trigger.bat) that opens that qvd.  I also have a second qvd (execute.qvd) that executes the batch file.  In the Management console I have a task that reloads the execute.qvd.  When running it does execute the the batch file but doesn't appear to run the Macro.  Everything works great if I reload the execute.qvd file manually.

Here is what the files look like.

Execute.qvd:

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C C:\Qlikview\DevDocuments\SourceDocuments\Applications\Manufacturing\Emails\Batch\TriggerMacro.bat;

EXIT SCRIPT;

Trigger.bat:

TITLE RELOAD - EXPORT - MAIL BATCH

ECHO OFF

CLS

ECHO The Dashboard is reloading.

ECHO This may take several minutes to execute and may appear

ECHO to be unresponsive. This is normal.

ECHO Please be patient and do not exit.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe" /NoSecurity /VvSendEmail=1 /VvEmailType=Interior /VvTestEmail=0 "C:\Qlikview\DevDocuments\SourceDocuments\Applications\Manufacturing\KPI- Doors Manf.qvw"

EXIT

Any suggestions why this is not working from the Management Console?

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure that you have checked in the QMC, System, Setup, QlikView Server, Security tab, "Allow unsafe macro execution on Server".

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Macros are not triggered by publisher.

Look through the site for info about it; for example http://community.qlik.com/message/62917

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The "allow unsafe macro" option has already been selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Alessandro,

I'm not trying to get the publisher to run the macro.  I want the publisher to reload the qvd (execute.qvd).  Then the batch file should open my qvd file and the trigger is set to run the macro when the file is opened.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Heather,

If you want to run BAT files, try using the Supporting Tasks in the QMC, System, Supporting Tasks, External Program, and the command line.

Make sure you create dependencies in the Triggers between tasks, so all of them are triggered in order.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Not possible to Run Macro Directly through QMC. You must have to call Windows Tasks using QMC....& with the help of windows task macro will run.