cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rashimkavel7
Contributor
Contributor

SQL Code running faster on QLIKVIEW than SQL Manegement Studio

Hey everybody, I just recently started using Qlikview because my database went north from 1M rows.

So, my query took 9 hours to complete using SQL management studio 2014 express for only 1.3M rows. When I put it on qliview I expanded it to all my products going shy of 4.5M.

My Qlikview code is simply the connection to my server and then a SQL statement followed by my exact same code I use on SQL MS.

Thing is, I thought it would take forever but it took only half an hour. I already checked some of the data and it seems to be working just right but something seems odd.

Why would it be faster? does it make any sense? Can I trust my data?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend turning on the Script logging to check the number of rows fetched etc., at least that way you can confirm that part of things.

Script Logging 

The only other idea would be to use RecNo() or RowNo() functions to count things that way:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Count...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Count...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

In contrast to SQL Management Studio, QlikView has an optimized memory management for large amounts of data and that starts with the loading of data. SQL Management Studio is in no way designed to handle large amounts of data. Accordingly, QlikView has to be many times faster.