Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahendragaur
Creator
Creator

SQL Server with QlikView

Hello Experts,

I have some tables stored at SQL Server and I want to use them as my data source. Please guide me how can I proceed to connect it to QlikView.

Thanks in Advance!!!

14 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It seems that the driver is configured to connect to SQL Server using SSL, you will have to disable that or ask which server name and port you need to use in the driver.

On a separate note, I would not use Qlik's connectors especfically for SQL Server since they are built in the Windows operating system, more updated and if anything, you can download the most updated version, which matches with your server version here: SQL Server Drivers | Microsoft Docs

mahendragaur
Creator
Creator
Author

As you said "It seems that the driver is configured to connect to SQL Server using SSL, you will have to disable that". How can I disable that?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I should see the interface where the connection is created, sometimes you must specify SSL as a different checkbox, sometimes using certain ports implies the use of SSL. Without having it in front of me, or know which port should I use it's impossible to say.

mahendragaur
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm using the correct port which is specified by my Admin. You can tell me where I should check for SSL connectivity.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I suggest you to check the Advanced options of the DSN and check with your database administrator or IT team who can help you setting that up correctly. Again, not having the driver interface in front of me I cannot guess where that SSL property is