Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

SVG US County Map not working

I have been working on creating US State maps with the county regions in them.

I found a site that has all of the states and the SVG for each here. (Georgia is selected since that is the map I am trying to create)

Georgia: free map, free blank map, free outline map, free base map : outline, counties (white)

I have the SVG file copied to here on my dev machine

C:\Users\user.name\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects\svgMap

I believe I have done everything I am supposed to do in order to get the map to work, but it is still not working and I don't understand why.

It will not even show me the map? The map box is just blank.

I have tried opening it in inkscape and saving it. I even tried going through the XML and changing the IDs for the polygons to the County names but that didn't work. I then tried having an excel document and having the original ID names from the map associated to the counties, but that didn't work either. I did not have a chance to change all of the IDs so some were blank... I don't know if that would have caused an issue or not? I really don't want to go through all the work of coding all 159 counties and it still not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Crystal,

I believe you are doing all the correct steps. I was having the same issue and what it appears to be is the SVG itself.

Unless the SVG has a 'fill' attribute set it is not working.

Try the attached SVG and see if this works for you. It has the 'fill' attribute set and was downloaded from commons.wikimedia.org

Hope this helps!

- Stan

View solution in original post

11 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you share the screenshot for the SVG Map Settings (Properties)?

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I did find that the borders showed up when I selected the "Element Border" box. Forgot to turn that on before. So it does have the counties outlined... but it isn't letting me click on any other them or using the pop up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like Color Measure is not working..

Could you post Color measure you have?

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

=If(Sum(MarketShare_ALL) > 10, '#439400', '#F2EF1B')

I'm pretty sure that is the correct syntax and all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post a sample?

Check with Region ID: SVG_Code is mapped to your data in location!!

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I do not see a Map selected there 'Select or Load Map'

Select 'US Counties' in Map (See the image below)

Also make sure the Region ID is as per SVG acceptance ID.

EX: United States is US (Region ID) or Georgia is GA

If it still doesn't work then change the Georgia SVG file and download a new SVG file.

Thanks.

SVG.png

Not applicable

Hi Crystal,

I believe you are doing all the correct steps. I was having the same issue and what it appears to be is the SVG itself.

Unless the SVG has a 'fill' attribute set it is not working.

Try the attached SVG and see if this works for you. It has the 'fill' attribute set and was downloaded from commons.wikimedia.org

Hope this helps!

- Stan

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does this expression seems in css

Can you please let me know the use of #

Instead of use that please use rgb

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I didn't have one of the listed maps selected because I had a downloaded map I was using, so that maps name was in the "Load SVG path".