Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CardiMatt02
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Same expression, same table but one gives Invalid dimension

I have this expression:

=IF(
    (moreJourneys - moreJourneysR) > (SUM(corse_perse_norilevanti) - corse_rec_norilevanti_mex),
    IF(
        (SUM(corse_perse_norilevanti) - corse_rec_norilevanti_mex) > 0,
        SUM(corse_perse_norilevanti) - corse_rec_norilevanti_mex,
    ),
    (moreJourneys - moreJourneysR)
)

I use it in two columns in a table inside one of my app sheets and in one of them everything works fine but in the other column it gives back the error Invalid Dimension.
Qlik says that the expression sintax is fine.

I have no clue on what to do at this point:

Actually i believe the thing creating the problem is sum(corse_perse_norilevanti) but it still make no sense since in the other column it works fine. (Working in the same app, sheet and table)

Thanks for the help ❤️

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

By any chance, one is expression and another is dimension (calculated)? If so, you can't use aggregation function (here - sum) without aggr/total. However, the same expression as expression would work fine

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

By any chance, one is expression and another is dimension (calculated)? If so, you can't use aggregation function (here - sum) without aggr/total. However, the same expression as expression would work fine

CardiMatt02
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you, that was the problem. I created another column as Measure and deleted the old one that was a Dimension.

I'm still a noob with Qlik xD