cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III

Save and Restore Previous Selections

How can I use the bookmarks within sheets of a single QVW document?

For example, I've three tabs on my .QVW application tab a1, b1 and c1. When I am in a1 I make few selections, but when I move on to tab b1 I want all the selection in a1 to get cleared and start with brand new selection in tab b1. However, when I come back to tab a1, I want to clear all the selection made in b1 and restore the previous selection made in tab a1. How can I preserve the selections everytime from tab to tab and reapply them when I come back to that tab?

Solution without Macros is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Maybe with a variable that controls the active tab, PFA.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, it's recommend to avoid macros if possible.

I think it can be done with actions, PFA.

rubenmarin

When the sheet is activated it applies a bookmark (one bookmark per sheet), when the sheet is left the bookmark is updated.

Bookmark IDs can be shown on Boomarks->More...

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

What if my tabs are not sheets but objects in the same sheet? How to use it in place of OnActivateSheet and OnLeaveSheet?

rubenmarin

How tabs are selected? Actions can be set also on text objects and buttons.

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am using two text objects to replicate tabs. Selecting on each text object replicates a tab/sheet change.

rubenmarin

Maybe with a variable that controls the active tab, PFA.

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much Ruben. Looks like this would work. Will test and let you know

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The bookmarks work fine locally but fail in Server, especially the Replace Bookmark function. Any pointers? I saw many users talking about this in the community

rubenmarin

I don't have now a server to test but maybe the ID of the bookmark changed to (or has to be created in server as) ServerName\BookmarkID