Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielnevitt
Creator
Creator

Scatter Chart

Hi,

I would appreciate some help with trying to create a scatter chart.  I would ideally like to short the following:

x-axis = SendingDate

y-axis = SendingTime

Scatter points = OrderStatus

Is the above possible?  Basically I am trying to plot the Date and Time of different types of orders (Cancelled, Filled, New, Rejected etc)

Thanks,

Daniel

6 Replies
saurabh5
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Daniel,

For Scatter chart you would need 2 dimensions and 1 expression.

In your case it seems you have 3 dimensions, which might not be ideal for scatter chart.

Saurabh

Kushal_Chawda

Try it with bubble chart instead, for scatter plot you need two measures i.e two expressions.

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Kushal,

Please can you help by providing an example as to how this would work as a bubble chart?  I have attached some sample data.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Daniel

saurabh5
Creator II
Creator II

hi Daniel,

Select a grid chart> Dimension as SendingDate , Sendingtimestamp and orderstatus.

Exp > sum(orderQty)

This will give you the below graph, Note you have many distinct timestamps so visualy it may not be appealing so while loading I took only 'hr' from your timestamp ( left(SendingTimeStamp,2) as Sendingtime,  ) to create the chart.

Hope this helps.

Saurabh Singh

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Saurabh.

Is there no way I can plot this as a scatter graph?  I am basically trying to plot the time and days when OrderStatus is Cancelled, New, Filled etc?

Regards,

Daniel

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Here are a couple ways to show your data in scatter charts. In both, I'm using color to indicate order status as a way of giving you that as a fourth dimension (date, time, status, quantity). The first is what I think you're asking for. The second is an alternate way to visualize it, with timestamp along the bottom instead of date, and then just a dummy random value vertically to separate out the bubbles. It's less good for seeing some information, and better I think for seeing others. The colors are slightly transparent to better show overlapping values. The second does a better job, I think, of showing data when it overlaps. You'd need a legend for your colors. In this simple example I provided it with a small chart of totals by status.

Capture.PNG