Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scramble User Credentials

Hi ,

I am working on a already created qlikview application on another laptop and i got struck over the Connectivity issue.

So a Script connecting to the ODBC connection is there with XUserId and XPassword

ODBC CONNECT TO XYZ (XUserId is ABcdeFGhIJk , XPassword is cfeabnajkguyaEaGcKAD);

now when i click on Select button i am unable to view any Table List ,

1. Can you guys suggest me how to select the tables i need from the created connection DB?

2. How come these Scramble User credentials are useful ?(I googled on this but didnt get proper understanding on the other discussion forums)

Thanks,

Santosh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chong,

1. Do you have the DSN set up on your local machine? -- No, In my laptop provided i dont have DSN created related to this

2. When you click the Select button, before the table list window appears, did another window pop up?

Did a "Connect to Data Source" window pop up?  -- Yes, I dont have the access credentials yet

The connection string should allow you to connect to the data source provided that:

1. you have the correct ODBC driver installed  -- Where the driver should be installed on my local machine ?

2. you have set up the DSN to the same data source and the DSN is called as defined in the connection string -- Will check this

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Can you guys suggest me how to select the tables i need from the created connection DB?

Are the tables you need in the schema owned by the database user you use to connect with the database? If not, make sure to select the correct schema.

2. How come these Scramble User credentials are useful

It allows somebody to read the script, but keep the database login password hidden from that somebody. If you don't care if the people that have access to the script know the database credentials then feel free to leave them in plain text.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I had stated my issue wrong...basically the connection itself is failing.

Not sure if i am doing everything write is.  Please help with the steps on how to connect to a ODBC datasource

This is the Kind of Error PopUp i am getting when i am trying toconnect using the Select statement

SQL Error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Do you have the DSN set up on your local machine?

When you click the Select button, before the table list window appears, did another window pop up?

Did a "Connect to Data Source" window pop up?

The connection string should allow you to connect to the data source provided that:

1. you have the correct ODBC driver installed

2. you have set up the DSN to the same data source and the DSN is called as defined in the connection string

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Check this links

Loading Data from An ODBC Source

Connect to Databases

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chong,

1. Do you have the DSN set up on your local machine? -- No, In my laptop provided i dont have DSN created related to this

2. When you click the Select button, before the table list window appears, did another window pop up?

Did a "Connect to Data Source" window pop up?  -- Yes, I dont have the access credentials yet

1. you have the correct ODBC driver installed  -- Where the driver should be installed on my local machine ?

2. you have set up the DSN to the same data source and the DSN is called as defined in the connection string -- Will check this

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan, I will surely check on the links