Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

Script execution is not Finishing

Hi All,

I have loaded some tables from an oracle Datebase.

After loading when i am trying to reload it. The execution of script continues indefinitely.

Can any one please tell me when this type of situation arises and how to resolve it.

Regards

Sunil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Miguel

Thanks for your reply.The script is loading all the tables and fetching all the rows but the thing is it is not finishing

I am attaching the screen shot.

i have these many of tables only. but the execution is not finishing after fetching the tables.

Regards

Sunil

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Sunil,

When you say it keeps loading, you mean it doesn't stop pulling records from database? It seems some script error, but not knowing your script is hard to say.

Regards.

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Miguel

Thanks for your reply.The script is loading all the tables and fetching all the rows but the thing is it is not finishing

I am attaching the screen shot.

i have these many of tables only. but the execution is not finishing after fetching the tables.

Regards

Sunil

Not applicable

This often happens when you create too many synthetic keys ($Syn), which come when you load data from different tables and tables have many attribute names that are the same.

Try debuging it and send another screenshot like the one that you posted up - this way you will see whether there are $Syn keys.

Best regards,Miha

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sunil,

It's likely to be some process in your script that never ends, kind of waiting for something. It would be possible that QlikView is creating unwanted synthetic keys and take too long to finish? After loading table DimDates, is there any other instruction in the script?

Try debuggin checking "Limited Load" and set 1 or 2 records per table, and see where it stops.

Regards.

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Miha and Miguel,

I think ther may be a lot of synthetic keys that is forming while loading the script and qlikview unable to show these many complex synthetic keys..

Thanks to both oh you for your reply.

Regards

Sunil

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

If possible please check the button reloading info "close when script is finished".Enable this.

Thanks & Regards

Jai

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi jai,

I have already checked the option Close when script is finished.

I think the real problem is of resolving a lot of synthetic keys can't be handled smoothly by qlikview.

Thanks for your reply

Sunil

Not applicable

Fine,

If possible share your data model with limited load about 100 or 1000 rows

Thanks & Regards

Jai

Not applicable

Hi,

Please Apply Qualify *; in the Main tab .

it will help you to Identify whether it is Just Because of Synthetic Key or anything Else.

After this the Fields Will look Like \

TableName.Field Name1