Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Script running fine - STORE_command makes WHOOM... Plz help

Hi,

the title actually says all about my problem, there is no more to it:

- I have an app running once in the morning to query a lot of data from our personell database.

- The data fetched by one of those queries is to be used in two places:

- It shall be stored just like it is

- It shall be further processed and the process output should be stored.

The latter actually works well. The former does not - I can't see why: The script runs fine - I've tested by putting the EXIT at different points - and the table gets created. There are no more synthetic keys, no links at all actually, all the other tables are already deleted at that point.

<=> At the very last command, which is a STORE command, copied 1:1 from others (just adapted) creates an error, the entire app crashes (that "failure. Retrieve old data?" message) and the qvd is not created.

The command is

>>> STORE Stempeldaten_gen INTO ..\01_QVD\HR_QVD\Stempeldaten_gen.qvd (qvd); <<<

That command is exactly the same as all other STOREs in that app, the file_path is exactly the same and there are other files with an '_' as well which are created without any problems.

I will attach to this post both

- an excel file with sample personell data

- a sample qvw

12 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

It seems that there was something hung up again - I just tried to delete the qvd, I got the message that it was open - so I closed down QlikView and just restarted and ran the script again - and it worked.

Now I try to run it a bit further, to include all the RESIDENT LOADs in that process. Let's see said the blind man...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Yep - apparently, something was stuck. Now it seems to work fine - both qvd files were generated all right.

Thanks for your advice anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Oops... Apparently, I've forgotten to mark this as a question, so I cannot mark it as solved.

This issue, however, is solved.