Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wunderch
Creator
Creator

Search for whole Word in GetFieldSelections

Hi guys,

I have the following problem:

I have a listbox (DIM) with about 30 values, for example 'WPOO', 'HWGR', 'UWGR', 'WG'.

I want to display a dimension in a chart only if the value in the listbox is selected.

So for the dimension "HWGR" i have tried it with 

=substringcount(Chr(39) & GetFieldSelections(DIM,Chr(39)&','&Chr(39),30) & Chr(39),'HWGR')=1

That works, my problem is, if i do this for "WG" with

=substringcount(Chr(39) & GetFieldSelections(DIM,Chr(39)&','&Chr(39),30) & Chr(39),'WG')=1

the dimension "WG" is shown, even if only "HWGR" is selected.

Is there a chance to do this, for example with match or wildmatch?

Thanks for your answers!

Regards 

Chris

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wunderch
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

thanks for your quick answer. 

Yes i thought about this solution also, but now i got it worked myself with this formula:

substringcount(chr(33)&GetFieldSelections(DIM,Chr(33)&','&chr(33),50)&chr(33),'!WG')=1

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You may simplify your approach by using a numeric comparison. Means each dim-value get a number, for example with a dual(string, number) or as an extra field created with recno(), rowno(), autonumber() or further methods. And then the comparison may look like: max(Dim) = 5

- Marcus

wunderch
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

thanks for your quick answer. 

Yes i thought about this solution also, but now i got it worked myself with this formula:

substringcount(chr(33)&GetFieldSelections(DIM,Chr(33)&','&chr(33),50)&chr(33),'!WG')=1