Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrweber
Creator
Creator

Search in Listbox with Formula as Dimension

How do I search advanced in a Listbox with a user defined dimension (via formula).

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

When you right click on the list box, you will see the option for advanced search

Capture.PNG

chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, I am well aware of that. And the setup is not the question, rather why associative search does not appear to work if I use a formula as a field (or maybe it is called expression)

sunny_talwar

I guess, I am not 100% confident, that you can only do an advanced search against a field from the script... are you not able to create your field in the script?

chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes. My question is how to use advanced/associative  search With a formula.

And if not, I would like some hard verification

sunny_talwar

And if not, I would like some hard verification

You seem to be very unhappy . I can look around, but it might be easier for hic‌ to respond if he is available. Or may be marcus_sommer‌, rwunderlich‌, troyansky‌ have ideas here.....

chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

Not unhappy, just in search for truth.

It might appear to amount to the same thing, but does not. Qlikview is still fun.

sunny_talwar

This doesn't prove that you cannot use Advanced search on calculated dimensions, but it specifically points out that it can only be done for QlikView fields

Capture.PNG

Link: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Advanced_Search_dialog.h...

chrweber
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your taking your time to highlight this.

This will suffice.

Have a nice Day

marcus_sommer

Please give an example how the dimension is created, which values they contain and which search-string should be how applied.

- Marcus