Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionna51
Creator
Creator

Search value from reference table

Hi,

I want to show one critical object only to certain users. I can get user's Entity_ID when user login (unique for every user) . Also, I load an island reference table which contains list of eligible entity IDs who can see this object, field name Eligible_ID.

In this object Layout tab, how should I write the condition?

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use osuser() for this, like:

match(osuser(), '$(=concat(YourUserlistField, chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)))')

but if your data/objects are really confidential then you should consider to use Section Access.

- Marcus

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

My Entity_ID was derived from user_id, the data type is exactly same as Eligible_ID in my reference list. But if I use:

match(Entity_ID, Eligible_ID), it won't work. One user only has one Entity_ID value, but Eligible_Id is a list of values.

Thanks a lot.

marcus_sommer

My Entity_ID was derived from user_id

isn't quite clear to me - from where come these values. For reading the current user there are only two functions: osuser() and qvuser().

The concat-function within $-sign expansion will return a list from your user-table - therefore try:

match(osuser(), '$(=concat(Eligible_ID, chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)))')

further you should check if the osuser() returned the same user like in your user-table - you might need to adjust upper/lower chars and also the domain\user.

- Marcus

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

We have built section access with security_key, then can use substring() to get proper segment for user's entity. One user can only have one entity, for example hospital Stony Brook. Also we have a list contains eligible entities. Only hospital in this list can see the object.

Thanks.