Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Searching Field Value in another field in Set analysis

Hi Folks, 

I need help regarding below issue.

I have below view and i want to print the following:

i>  "ITRC\Remedy\1||1234" in "Try with Only Function" Expression when "StarAsset" columns has 1234 value

ii> "ITRC\Remedy\1||3456" in "Try with Only Function" Expression  when "StarAsset" columns has 3456 value. 

Popup1.pngI have used the Only function to achieve this. and it is working correctly but based on selection. 

When i select *1234* value from StartAsset column output will be like below as per expectation and Similarly for *3456* i am getting ITRC\Remedy\1||3456 in "Try with only function column". This works only if you select any value from "StarAsset " column othetwise it appears blank. I want it to be appear without selection.

I am getting  ITRC\Remedy\1||1234, ITRC\Remedy\1||3456  = Concat([Treatment Asset],',')

I have tried with below Only Expression: 

"Try with Only Function" =  Concat({< [Finding Treatment Asset]={$(=vFinalValuesToLook)},[Treatment Asset]={"$(=Only({< [Finding Treatment Asset]={$(=vFinalValuesToLook)} >} StarAsset))"} >} [Treatment Asset],',')

Can anybody please help me how to search Field values in another field in set analysis. qvw is also attached here for your reference.

PopUp2.png

Thanks

Sarfaraz

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

=Concat({<StarAsset = {'*3456*'}, [Treatment ID] = {$(=Concat(Chr(39) & [Treatment ID] & Chr(39), ','))}>} [Treatment Asset], ',')

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
sunny_talwar

I don't think set analysis will work here... may be try with aggr and if statement like this

Concat(Aggr(If(WildMatch([Treatment Asset], StarAsset), [Treatment Asset]), StarAsset, StarFindingID, [Treatment Test], [Treatment Asset]))

image.png

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much stalwar ...It works as expected ....However i was wondering to get it done in set analysis itself because data is huge and will take a time to process it with AGGR function at front end.

Let me try to accomodate solution with real time data  and will check it performance. 

Thanks a lot once again. Really appreciate your help. 

Thanks

Sarfaraz 

sunny_talwar

The only way to make this efficient is to create a flag in the script

LOAD ...,
 If(WildMatch([Treatment Asset], StarAsset), 1, 0) as Flag
FROM ...;

Now you have this flag which you can use in your expression like this

Concat({<Flag = {1}>} [Treatment Asset])

or

Concat(DISTINCT {<Flag = {1}>} [Treatment Asset])
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Correct But [Treatment Asset] and StarAsset coming from different table . and there is no link between that table. 

Both tables are data island. 

Moreover, it will work on selection basis only ..If i select Remedy1 then associated TreatmentAsset items will get compare with asset from another table . It will have to work based on user selection. 

It would be great help if that can be done in backend as you said. 

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Correct But "TreatmentAsset"  and StarAsset coming from different table . and there is no link between that table. 

Both tables are data island. 

Moreover, it will work on selection basis only ..If i select Remedy1 then associated TreatmentAsset items will get compare with asset from another table . It will have to work based on user selection. 

It would be great help if that can be done in backend as you said. 

sunny_talwar

In that case Aggr() with if statement is your only option.