Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qWarrior
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Section Access Problem From QMC (QVD)

Hi everyone, I have a problem reloading an app from QMC. (it works reloading on local)

The problem seems to be in Section Access as trying to load the app without that has no problem. The error log gives no information, only Execution failed.

This is the section access script:

SECTION ACCESS;

Load Distinct
'ADMIN' AS ACCESS,
upper(CID) as CID,
upper(ACCOUNT_ID) AS USERID
FROM [$(vDwAssoc)/UserUoHieararchy.qvd] (qvd) where 1=1;

Section application;

I am thinking the problem may be that I am trying to load a qvd as a section access, but I have seen that adding where 1=1 should work, we've tried also to add 'Upper' but it still doesn't work. 

Anyone could help me?

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Is the user who runs the server-services be included within the section access? Also just comment the section-lines or loading the table twice (by adjusting the field-names to avoid synthetic keys) to load the table visible in the data-model - it exclude that this load failed due any access rights and will provide the possibility to display these information and their data-model linking within the UI and to check them there.

- Marcus

ThiagoCN
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello

Did you add the Server user as ADMIN to be able to run ?
Also in the task setting have you added the user and password to run ?

qWarrior
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Yes, the Server user is inside the section access, its a rootadmin, i don't have any problem running other apps or tasks. 

The app is also owned by the same user.

marcus_sommer

Has this user also any valid linking-value against the data-model? Further what happens if this users tries to open this app with a local desktop client and/or within the access point?

- Marcus