A,Germany,2005,1

B,Italy,2005,1

C,Iraq,2005,0

SectionAccess:

NTName,Access,Country,Period,Flag

Alfred,Admin,<ANY>,2005,1

Jerald,Admin,Iraq,2005,1

Jack,USer,Iraq,2005,0

My requirement is, i want  Jerald to see 2005 related data for Iraq but Jack should not see it.

I wish to control it from the Table1 on field Publish.

If i make Publish column 1 then Jack and Jerald both should see it.

How can i achieve this?

In terms of business I want to release the data in the dashboard but Jerald see it first and once he approves over email

i will make publish column 1 so that Jack,Jerald or whoever have access to Iraq, irrespective of flag value either 0/1

should see it.

can anyone help?

14 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME, ACCESS, COUNTRY, PERIOD, PUBLISH

Alfred,Admin,,2005,1

Jerald,Admin,Iraq,2005,1

Jack,USer,Iraq,2005,0

];

Section Application;

Table1:

LOAD * INLINE [

Customer,Country,Period,PUBLISH

A,Germany,2005,1

B,Italy,2005,1

C,Iraq,2005,0

];

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Take into account that link field names (names of fields that cross the SectionAccess-SectionApplication border) should be in upper case, and that multi-field keys won't always produce the expected behavior (Section Access and synthetic keys like to fight). Except when those fields are in different tables.

Best,

Peter

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gybert,

I did a small mistake in the example posted.

Actually I dont have period in the section access table. It is difficult to add all periods combination for all users.

What can i do in this case?

plz help

i just have

ntname,access,country..but table1 have country and period combination

Anil_Babu_Samineni

As Gysbert Continuation..

As per BRD, You can set the Access for diff users..

- Anil

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Anil babu..

Can you please explain how?

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Even i bring the period filed to section access,it not seems to work. Because flag field table 1 is the field that will be controlled.

Flag field on the section access is static. the publish field on the table1 is dynamic.

1 on publish filed will make all user of that country and period to see all data.

0 on publish filed will make the user to access who have 1 as flag in section access table.

can anyone help please?

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Bump

Digvijay_Singh

What if you just keep Publish field common between 2 tables and play with Publish field in table 1 to decide what to display and what not, not sure though, see attached example, use JERALD, JACK in caps to login -

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

I know that way.. the requirement here is something like

If business release a year data for the country, whoever have the flag 1 is considered as managements people.

0 is considered as normal users.

First business user have to see the data for the new year release data, after the confirmation from them via email..we will make the flag 1..so that everyone can see the data.

Not sure how to implement the logic.