Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access from Excel

I have read the requirements for section access to be upper, but that hasn't seemed to solve my problem. 

below is my section access script:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

USERKEY, ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, %SECSOURCE

1,ADMIN, , ,DBG\CAMARK,*

2,ADMIN,ADMIN,ADMIN123,*

];

REM LOAD * INLINE [

USERKEY, OMIT

1, SECURITY_ID

1, CUSIP

1, DEAM_ID

];

LOAD upper(USERKEY),

upper(OMIT)

FROM Include\Security.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Field Omits]);

Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE [

%SECSOURCE, SEC_SOURCE_ID

];

The second load (from the excel file), has the exact same data in the excel that it does in the REM'd INLINE statement.  The fields are appropriately omitted when using the inline, but not when referencing the table from the excel.  If I put the same load from excel statement after Section Application, i see the data in the data model, so QV does seem to be able to access the excel file correctly.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

appologies, it is working.  I had broken my test document and forgot to reinstate the reduction in the document properties.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

LOAD upper(USERKEY) as USERKEY,

upper(OMIT) as OMIT

FROM Include\Security.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Field Omits]);

Not applicable
Author

unfortunately no, that didn't resolve the issue.  I understand where you are going with that, but alas.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A difficult one. Must be data related.

Have you tried adding Trim() inside the calls to Upper()?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

trim didn't help

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you put the Excel LOAD after Section Application;, does reduction work as expected? That would be proof of association and reduction working as expected, but not the OMIT phase.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

there's nothing for reduction to reduce, but it does load the table. (if it's after the section application line)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just add a few lines to your Excel table, for instance with USERKEY=5 and see if those get reduced away.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

ahh, I see; but it didn't reduce the userkey=5  do these links need to be hidden with %s?

Not applicable
Author

appologies, it is working.  I had broken my test document and forgot to reinstate the reduction in the document properties.