Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access problem - getting locked out of my own files

Good afternoon, everyone.  I'm having an issue with Section Access locking my out of my own files, seemingly randomly.  We use the following script:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, NTDOMAINSID

USER, APPUSER, APPPORTAL

ADMIN, QLIKVIEWDEV, APPPORTAL

];

Section Application;

APPUSER would be our users, who will log in via a web browser, and QLIKVIEWDEV1 is the remote desktop I use to develop everything.

We've never had any issues with the end users being locked out of the file or unable to view it.  The problems arise on our end after we apply section access and change the security settings (lock everything on sheet security, and everything on document security except for Allow Print and Allow Export).  When we try to reopen the files for whatever reason, we are now locked out and completely unable to access anything, despite what we think should be our Admin status.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks all.

5 Replies
dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I have a means to get into applications that you are locked out of because of section access.

If you want I can open it, comment out the section access and send it back so you can look at what's going on.

-Dan

Not applicable
Author

Hey Dan - I appreciate the offer, but we took care of that.  After the first time this happened, we started making copies of our master files once we were ready to deploy, sectioned them, and then deployed.  Right now we're just looking to troubleshoot the issue for the sake of saving time and avoiding the hassle.

Not applicable
Author

Bump - anyone have any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

We got the same problem as described above. We can't access to our own files due to access section.

We'd appreciate if you could help us getting in the app and commenting the section access.

Please, let us know how to proceed, any help would be extremely appreciated!!

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick response Daniel.

It now says that the file is corrupted... So I wasn't able to avoid access session or open the file.

Any ideas??

The original problem comes because I've recently changed the access section to read from mysql instead from LOAD * INLINE, which worked before. I'm using the same user and password, but the user typed is not working, the password is never asked.

Thanks in advance,

Regards