Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access restrict different users

SECTION Access;
LOAD NTNAME,
ACCESS
FROM
QVSecurityMatrix3.xls
(
biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

SECTION Application;

LOAD NTNAME,
SHEET1,
SHEET2,
SHEET3,
SHEET4,
SHEET5
FROM
QVSecurityMatrix3.xls
(
biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet2$);

My loading of section access is as shown above.

This is sheet1.

This is sheet2.

I am log onto the computer as OCBCGROUP\A9900899.

My question is why does SHEET2 not show when I changed APAC\A44682 SHEET2 to 0? I have used the same condition for sheet2 as I did for sheet1 shown above. eg(=IF(SHEET2>0,1,0). I am Logged on as OCBCGROUP\A9900899 and not APAC\A44682. I should be able to see SHEET2 as shown in the excel. How do I solve this issue as such I will be able to view SHEET2 but APAC\A44682 will not be able to view SHEET2? Thank you

3 Replies
sravanthialuval
Creator
Creator

Hi,

You Should have to give condition for every sheet with, field name of that corresponding sheet mentioned in the script.

for example:

In sheet 1 you have to give  filed name of this particular sheet in conditional.

11.PNG

In sheet 2 you have to give  filed name of this particular sheet in conditional.

10.PNG

Like this give condition to all  the sheets and enable  the below option in settings->document properties->

opening.

12.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi I followed your method but it does not work. what should I do?

sravanthialuval
Creator
Creator

It's working for me. you have to cross check the application, whether you are giving correct filed names or wrong.if possible it is better to create a new application and proceed with this method.