Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access with Initial Data Reduction

Today we noticed a strange behaviour of our application.

We use Section Access and Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access. Usually we store the application

from the start page, where no filter applies. We do have a trigger on open documents which selects the start page.

We save the application from a tab, where we filter the data according to the tab.

An enduser opens the application and selects another tab and he doesnot see data according to that tab

Example: Tab1 filters the data to company a

Tab2 filters the data to company b

We store the app beeing in Tab1

Enduser opens, and selects Tab2 -> No data from company b exists (data from company b exists for this user!!!)

The behaviour looks like after opening the document, the site Tab1 including the triggers herein are applied, then a macro switches to the start page. Now - or after Tab1 triggers applied - the section access and initial data reduction takes place.

I would have expected  that the section access and data reduction first takes place before any other action is done.

Additionally - and for sure we had this phenomen with Qlikview V9 - after opening a document with any tab, no trigger from

that other tab were fired (after openng a document only the triggers on open document will be fired).

Can anybody confirm in which order section access and initial data reduction are executed or if this behaviour is an error

in Qlikview.

We use Qlikview 11 SR7.

Thanks for any advice!

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sorry, there was a mistake while changing the text so you could not see my origin values

I used NOREDUCTION for the Admin to ensure that the data is not reduced to my admin fields

But even with NOREDUCTION the enduser doesnot see the required data, while the admin has access to all data

and does see all roles (so no reduction was made)

ACCESS, ROLLE, LEVEL, NTNAME

ADMIN, NOREDUCTION, NOREDCUTION, ABC

My only solution right now is to reload and store while beeing on the start page and distribute the app

(on server we have atechnical user with same definitions like above admin).

I knwo a work around but I would like to know why the current problem ist happening (reduce the data for specific users). So next time I can handle this in advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rudolf,

I still suggest using my solution with strict exclusion.

I'm pretty sure it will solve your issues.

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, but strict exclusion didnot work neither. Strict exclusion additionaly restricts the access to the app.

If any user who is not listed in section access, tries to access the app, will not get access to it.
if strict exclusion is not set, he gets access to the app, but maybe without data.

So strict exclusion has nothing to do with the problem we notice.

In my point of view the phenomen it is an asynchronization of when section access applies and when sheet triggers applies. The behaviour shows that first the sheet triggers are fired (and reduces the data) and then the section access reduces the data more. When we save from a page without trigger the app works fine.

We will save our app from start page and open an emergency ticket (because outside of normal deployment plans) to bring the new version to our servers.