Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access with Initial Data Reduction

Today we noticed a strange behaviour of our application.

We use Section Access and Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access. Usually we store the application

from the start page, where no filter applies. We do have a trigger on open documents which selects the start page.

We save the application from a tab, where we filter the data according to the tab.

An enduser opens the application and selects another tab and he doesnot see data according to that tab

Example: Tab1 filters the data to company a

Tab2 filters the data to company b

We store the app beeing in Tab1

Enduser opens, and selects Tab2 -> No data from company b exists (data from company b exists for this user!!!)

The behaviour looks like after opening the document, the site Tab1 including the triggers herein are applied, then a macro switches to the start page. Now - or after Tab1 triggers applied - the section access and initial data reduction takes place.

I would have expected  that the section access and data reduction first takes place before any other action is done.

Additionally - and for sure we had this phenomen with Qlikview V9 - after opening a document with any tab, no trigger from

that other tab were fired (after openng a document only the triggers on open document will be fired).

Can anybody confirm in which order section access and initial data reduction are executed or if this behaviour is an error

in Qlikview.

We use Qlikview 11 SR7.

Thanks for any advice!

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

As far as I can follow,

1. You reload and save.

2. You open it with a user and save it on a specific tab.

If this is the case, it's normal behaviour because in the second behaviour above it already applies section access.

You need to do the reload and save on the same session.

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

not exactyl

I save the app as an admin with all data

when I open the app as admin everything as expected, other roles without data reduction also have no problems

only the persons for which the section access reduces the data (our endusers) the problem occurs. they donot see any other data (company b as stated above)

If I would reload and store as end user I would agree to your statement!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rudolf,

More importantly do you do the decisive save right after reload?Try it that way please.

If you reload, save and open and save again that's different than just reloading and saving. 

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I reloaded the data, all data complet. I saved the app.

I open the app as admin, all data complet

My collegue open the ap as enduser (I made an easy section access with inline with me as admin and my collegue as end user), he does not see all data.

Our real endusers have the problem that they donot see all data (using Access Point). I am able to get the same scenario with the desktop version and my easy section access solution

BR

rubenmarin

Hi Rudolf,

I agreee with Serhan, if a document saved with section access and initial data reduction is opened and saved (no matter if it's a user or admin) it's saved with data reduction applied to the user who saved, and it doesn't applies any other reduction.

In example, if you have a table Users and you open and save the data, the Users table will kept only your user, so for any other user opening the document, table Users won't have his user and his related data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you paste the Section Access script and options from Document Settings--> Opening (Initial Data Reduction.. , Strict Exclusion)?

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Section access;

Load * Inline [
ACCESS, ROLLE, LEVEL, NTNAME
ADMIN, ADMIN, , ABC
ADMIN, ADMIN, , ABC
USER, RVTL, XYZ, DEF
USER, RVTL, XYZ, DEF
]
;

Connection to datamodel based on LEVEL.

DEF= my collegue for testing as end user

Initial data based on section access is set

strict exclusion is NOT set

When I reload and save while beeing on the start page without any filter set, everything works fine.

Important: All data is stored in the app. Admins and Management Roles does see all the data!

marcus_sommer

I could confirm this behaviour as "normal" - any saving from a app with section access without a reload led to a denied access for the application for all users. By us the user will be per NTNAME directly passed through, no userid or password is necessary.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is mostly because of your letting the LEVEL field empty. This works with plugin but does not work with AJAX.

1. Backup the app.

2. Try including all the levels for ADMIN with new rows or simple use * with the command STAR is *;

section access;

Load * Inline [
ACCESS, ROLLE, LEVEL, NTNAME
ADMIN, ADMIN, XYZ, ABC
ADMIN, ADMIN, ZYX, ABC
USER, RVTL, XYZ, DEF
USER, RVTL, XYZ, DEF
]
;

3. Check strict exclusion.

BR

Serhan