Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

Section access and where clause

Hi,

i build my security matrix on excel - the goal is to have just one excel for several application

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD

APPLICATION,

ACCESS,

NTNAME,

SECURITYFIELD

FROM [\\seme004\EMEA\Transversal\JDE Support\QV.QlikView\SecurityMatrix.xlsx](ooxml, embedded labels, table is SecurityMatrix) WHERE (APPLICATION='Securities') ;

On the where condition i would like to specify the application (in the example i'm loading just securiities for the application called "Securities"). The issue is that when the where clause is specified no lines is fetched.

I assume is because i'm using SECTION ACCESS that doens't allow to use where clause. I'm correct? How this can be build then?

Thank you

4 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III

You need to use UPPER() in where clause..

QS automatically converts fields to upper-case even if they're not being used in the table.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not exactly. The actual reason may be - you can't see the loaded section access table, because it gets dropped immediately after the load completes. Or, if you are talking about - you see 0 lines fetched message in load progress window, it could just be that the condition in where clause is not satisfying (may be because of case mismatch as already pointed out by PM above).

_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Did you find a solution for this?

Shlomoax
Contributor II
Contributor II

I had the same problem and this was the solution (I used the UPPER() function). Thank you!